Thursday, October 22, 2009

Back Again

I took Ramona to the doctor again today. She is still congested, but she has started to spit up straight milk from her nose and mouth. I know babies spit up - that isn't the concerning part. It's how much is coming up and the fact that her breathing is already terrible right now. I want to make sure that her spit up is not being sucked into her lungs compounding the issue. While we were in the room waiting for the doctor, I read her Green Eggs and Ham. She calmed down and started to sleep. My mom always read Green Eggs and Ham to me while we waited at the doctor. Thus the tradition continues. I may or may not have gotten teary eyed while I read to her. The doctor didn't seem concerned with the spit up which wasn't technically the problem. When he checked her breathing, it sounded as it had before which is good and bad in this case.

Trust me I'm not trying to over analyze this or be a first time mom that freaks out about everything, but I am not taking any chances when it comes to her breathing especially when her spit up is causing her to choke. I would rather annoy my doctor that have a potentially greater problem on my hands.

Ramona weighs 8 lbs. 3 oz. She's gained 5 oz since her last visit on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment