Thursday, December 17, 2009

Chicken Pox

Well last night Ramona and I went to my team's Christmas party. We had a great time hanging out with my team at my coworker Julie's house. Ramona was so cute. She went to her Lolli's Bible study party that morning, so she had a full day.

Julie's daughters Annie and Megan got to see Ramona again. They had decorated pumpkins for her around Halloween - too cute. Anyway this morning Julie came into my room to tell me that Annie, her oldest daughter (5th grade), had the chicken pox. It took a while for the reality to set in, but then I was really freaking out. I called the doctor and was trying to figure out how exactly this would effected Ramona.

There are a couple things on our side. 1. Ramona is so young that she will still have some immunity from me since I've had the chicken pox. 2. I'm nursing so she'll be getting my antibodies from my exposure to the pox.

I am just praying she doesn't get them. I would feel just awful. Plus she would have been during her 1st Christmas which is so terrible and it would also mean that we can' t spend it with Bryson and Macie since they are both too young to be fully vaccinated against chicken pox. Let's just pray for her health and protection against the disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment