Monday, December 7, 2009

Back to Work

I went back to my 20 first graders today. Nick's mom is watching Ramona for the 2 weeks that I work in December. Nick takes her in the morning, and I pick her up after work. I almost broke down when he left this morning. I was on the verge, but told myself to wait until I got in the car then I'd let myself cry the whole way to Ellis. Nick called me as soon as I got in the car, so I didn't get a chance to bawl my eyes out. If you know about teaching 1st grade, you know there isn't much time to slow down once your day starts. I called to check on her. She was doing great.

We both did really great for our first time apart. I knew she was in capable, loving hands and that I'd be out of there as soon as all my kids were picked up. It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. I just had to remind myself that it was quality of time that I spent with her not the quantity. It also helps that I work with incredible women and have a really good class this year. I kissed all over her once I got to Lolli's and loved up on her all night. Good thing we have a 2 week break coming up in 9 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment