Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Another Appointment

I went to the doctor's office last Thursday. I had my glucose test. I drank that special fruit punch. I had lots of warnings about it. I drank it and thought it wasn't that bad...then about 5 minutes later I understood what everyone was talking about. I started feeling so weird. I felt that I was full of sugar and wanted to throw up. Luckily I didn't pass out when they drew blood or while I waited an hour for them to actually draw the blood. I'm super excited that that was the last time I had to test my blood before Ramona gets here! They told me that my glucose levels are fine. The only thing is that I was low on iron, so I have to take a supplement now. 

I gained 4 pounds, so I'm up 11 pounds total at 27 weeks. I guess it could be worse. I keep wondering how in the world I am going to get bigger. I find it almost impossible that my skin is going to stretch even more! I know it will and that I'll get bigger. I tried to take a picture the other day, but the shadows were terrible. I will try again this weekend.

I spent some time floating around in the pool yesterday. Thanks to Julie Petitt who dropped off a floatie for me! I was reading Tipping Point. It was super relaxing. I didn't have time today, but I bought my very own floatie and can't wait until tomorrow. The trees over the pool are great. I am rarely in direct sunlight and the water is cool. Hopefully, I can get my homework stuff done and get to floating in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment