Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Doctors Appointment

I went to the doctor today for an unscheduled visit. Ramona has been quiet for the past 3 days. She has been moving, but she doesn't move as often or as forceful as she has been in the past 2 weeks. Her movements haven't been as rhythmic but more jerky and sporadic. I called just to make sure this was okay. My doctor wanted me to come in to monitor her just in case.

Nick had just walked into work like 20 minutes before I called and asked him to come home and take me to the doctor. Sorry you just drove 40 minutes to get there, but could you turn around and come home only to do it again in 2 hours? He, of course, is so great and rushed home. I left school (on the day before the last day!!). They hooked me up to a monitor that checked Ramona's heart rate and movements. I had to push a button every time I felt her move. This went on for 30 minutes. They decided everything was okay much to our relief.

I'm such a natural worrier anyway. Plus I don't want to take any chances. If I can avoid something potentially dangerous, then I would rather do that than live with regret. What do you expect from a first time pregnant women? I'm going to freak out about everything, because there is so much that I don't have a clue about.  I guess I'm on the road to constant worry now. When she arrives, I'll have even more to worry about. I still can't wait though! Nick says she's already giving us attitude because she didn't like the pressure from the monitor and was kicking directly at it. I think she just already knows she's going to be the princess.

No comments:

Post a Comment