Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Late Night

Well Nick and I have a busy day tomorrow. He's working from home while I usher in contractors for quotes all morning. We have to drop off paperwork at EECU for the house. Then finally we have our long awaited 4D ultrasound in the afternoon! 

So with this packed day you would think I'd be resting up since I'll be doing more tomorrow than I have this whole week. Funny how I'm not asleep. My stomach has been killing me. Not like oh I ate something that isn't settling well. It's more like I have an alien growing inside me. Ramona is feverishly trying to make more room for herself. I have tried to explain to her that my skin doesn't have the capacity to stretch any more. Thus, I cannot get any bigger and she should give up. Well, she already doesn't listen to me.

She's been sticking her foot (? possibly arm??) out and holding it defiantly out just to show me who will win this battle in my belly. Of course through all the pain I have to just laugh and realize how much I love this little alien we've named Ramona. I wish she'd let me sleep tonight, but I am going to stay up and savor the moment. I'm sure she'll be keeping me up plenty with shenanigans like tonight, so I will just sit back and smile (through the tears of pain). We are almost to the 10 week countdown, then she'll be keeping me up for an entirely different reason. And before I know it she'll be grown up and I'll be waiting up for her to come home. 

I guess I'll sit here and feed her animal crackers until she decides it's time to sleep!

1 comment: