Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Nursery


Just a little nursery update and a little brag... 

When I decided that I didn't want to deal with putting the nursery together, Nick took on the job and created a mood board which is basically a collection of pictures and things that you are (or are thinking about) doing in the room. He posted the mood board on our home blog willscasados.blogspot.com He was contacted by some people that wanted to feature it on a nursery design site. Here is the link to that site: http://projectnursery.com/2009/07/a-room-for-ramona/ A room for Ramona has a nice ring to it, don't you think? We have made a lot of changes in what we are thinking for the nursery now, but it isn't too different. 

We have painted and painted and painted some more. I primed the room what feels like (and probably is) weeks ago. We painted the base color - Sherwin Williams White Dogwood. Then we taped for the stripes. Pulled that tape down - the laser level didn't work so well. Bought a large level and drew the 7 and 3/4 inch lines for the horizontal stripes. Then re-taped successfully this time. I sealed the tape by painting the White Dogwood along the edge. Then I started on the 1st coat of our contrast color Rosy Outlook mixed at 50%. That was the swatch combination that we liked the most. After the 1st coat, it didn't look any different from the White Dogwood. Odd but I painted the 2nd coat - still no contrast. Thus, back to Sherwin Williams we went. We got Rosy Outlook mixed at 75%. I painted the 1st coat. Then we noticed there was what appeared to be pin head spots on every stripe across the room. I called Sherwin Williams, and they gave me different, thicker paint to try. I haven't painted yet. Although it sounds like it was one thing after the one (which I guess it was), it has been multiple weeks of painting/working on the nursery in short spurts. Luckily, it really doesn't take long to paint the stripes. Hopefully, I will do that tomorrow, so I can touch up on Friday.

I guess what's odd about all of this is once the painting is done we still won't be able to do much until the flooring and trim are in place. Right now the stripes end evenly, but with the new floor and trim it will mess that up. Oh well. It might actually take a whole stripe away since the floor will be higher than the current carpet and the trim is going to be 5.25 inches tall. It will be nice to have my part finished! Less than 10 weeks until Ramona makes her appearance!

No comments:

Post a Comment