Monday, March 15, 2010

Triple Trouble?

Well Ramona wasn't taking her antibiotic very well. She was gagging most of it up. We took her in on Sunday morning to get a shot of antibiotics. We don't know if it was the medicine, a stomach bug, or congestion that is causing the problem. We have to restart her on the antibiotic on Wednesday to see if she will take it. If not, then we will have to give her more shots.

It's Spring Break! Unfortunately, we found ourselves at the doctor again today. I took Ramona to daycare, so I could work on my research paper (yuck). They called me at 3:00 to tell me that she was throwing up. I got there and she was struggling to throw up. They said she hadn't eaten much, and she look so weak and miserable. I called Nick and had him come pick us up and take us to the doctor. Her attempts to throw up were really causing her to gag. I was too afraid that she would choke on the way home.

The doctor said she is just really congested, so we have to give her pedialite. He also prescribed a medicine for dizziness that is typically given to chemo patients. What a miserable and terrifying feeling. I just want her to get better!

No comments:

Post a Comment