Thursday, March 11, 2010

Double Trouble

I took Ramona to the doctor today because she had goop in her eye. She woke up with it yesterday, but I figured I would just monitor it to see if it got worse. When she woke up with it again today, I called to make an appointment. Good thing because it turns out she has a double ear infection. Go figure. She hasn't been running a fever, pulling at her ears, or any other fussy behavior to indicate that she needs medical attention! I guess she is just too good for her own good.

The doctor said her left ear was a level 3 infection which is a notch below a ruptured ear. Her right ear is a level 2. She is on an antibiotic for her eye and one for her ears as well. Poor baby girl! We had no idea she acted completely normal. It was so heart breaking when he told me. It's just a strange feeling. I mean I knew it was treatable and everything would be fine, but there is this terrible heart sinking feeling when your child is sick. I can't really put it into words but I assure you it's miserable.

No comments:

Post a Comment