Sunday, June 13, 2010

Baby's Got a Brand New Dress



It was the night before the last day of school when what to her tired eyes should appear but the desire to sew and a willing husband to pick up the last minute supplies. Yes friends, I was hit with the sewing bug. I wanted to make a dress for Ramona (and not screw it up like the last time). I watched a few youtube videos. Then figured I had the gist of it and cut my fabric.

I got completely frustrated. The fabric was satin and was so difficult to work with especially when I was cutting. For those that know me I really don't like it when things don't go according to how I envision them to be. I suffered through with Nick keeping me somewhat afloat with reassuring comments about how at least we only paid $1 for the fabric.

I sewed the arm holes with the machine but manually by moving the needle with the wheel. I am just not quite comfortable enough to use the pedal on curves like that. I figured it was best to play it safe especially with the slippery fabric.

Anyway, here's is the final product. Don't look too close I am still learning! It helps that Ramona is so adorable that a potato sack would look cute on her.


No comments:

Post a Comment