Friday, May 28, 2010

Class 2009-2010


This was my last full week of school for this year. Next week we have Memorial Day, 1 full day, and 2 early dismissal days. (We get out at 1:45 not really that early of a dismissal.) As I look back on this teaching year, I think about what a strange year it was. I was out for 9 weeks, but when I came back I looked at these kids differently than any other group that I've had probably because now I am a mom.

They really were/are a good group of children. Collectively probably the best class makeup I've had. However, I don't feel as close to them individually as previous years which is most likely related to the maternity leave. Anyway I had a very smart and sweet girl in my class this year. She was my highest reader and friends with everyone. Oddly enough her mom had a boy just a few weeks after I had Ramona. It was her last day today because they are moving, so she brought me this awesome bouquet.

Definitely cool and a great, creative idea for Ramona's future teacher appreciate gifts! Way better than a gift card because it shows thought, time, and you can eat it!

No comments:

Post a Comment